Tuesday, April 3, 2012

project (dana fucich)

I've decided on furthering my review of Whitman's peers.  I intend to convey my "evidence of learning" by the use of a replacement poem.  I will either use "Song of Myself" or "Song for Occupations" and replace nouns/verbs with those of a peer.  Instead of using my own I plan on finding a poem by Longfellow or Aldrich (etc.) that has a similar narrative as one of the aforementioned poems.  Then I will weave that narrative into Whitman's to hopefully create a new poem that still has trace evidence of the original version.

2 comments:

  1. Dana,

    Damn that's such a dope idea I wish I had thought of it! I wonder how it will look when its finished - will it sound more like Walt or Longfellow? And I wonder what Walt would have thought of this project. Have you thought about mixing in more than one peer for a poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sound really interesting - - a remix of Whitman/peer! Can you include a post-remix commentary? E.g. after the remix, what has the process of remixing showed you about Whitman/the poem/peeers?

    ReplyDelete